Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Foodshare is the largest anti-hunger organization in the Greater Hartford area. They connect surplus food to those who struggle with food insecurity through a network of 280 food pantries, meal programs, and Mobile Foodshare sites.
Rent and Mortgage Assistance
- What To Do If You Can't Pay Your Rent: Story from NPR about the federal moratorium on evictions.
- Free guidance and assistance regarding Rent and Evictions. This free service is available from several nonprofit legal aid organizations in CT.
- The Temporary Rental Housing Assistance Program (TRHAP) - assistance to renters in order to prevent eviction actions. This will address both the arrearage caused by income loss and/or greater expenses due to COVID-19. To determine if you qualify please CALL 1-860-785-3111.
- The Temporary Mortgage Assistance Program (T-MAP) - homeowner assistance program for low and moderate income households in Connecticut who are struggling to pay their mortgages due to the impact of the COVID-19 Pandemic. To determine if you qualify please CALL 1-860-785-3111;
- If you have a federally insured mortgage (from CHFA, FHA, VA, USDA) you are NOT eligible for this program, but have other options; please contact CHFA about their "Single-family Borrowers/Homeowners and Servicers", or contact your lender or servicer directly.