Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Coronavirus / Covid-19 Food Resources
Food Distribution at Rentschler Field:
Important information to share with the community:
Distribution dates: STARTING IN NOVEMBER
We will be distributing food on Tuesdays and Thursdays; 8:30 am – 12:00 pm;
CLOSED On Monday, Wednesday, Friday and on Thanksgiving Day; 11/26
Address: 615 Silver Lane, East Hartford, CT 06118 – Silver Lane entrance; gates will close at Noon
One allocation of food per car to ensure that we have enough food for everyone.
This emergency distribution at Rentschler Field is in addition to Foodshare’s ongoing efforts to provide food to a network of over 260 pantries, community kitchens, and Mobile Foodshare sites throughout the region. We will continue to support our network to ensure they are prepared to handle the increased attendance as a result of COVID-19 and that all safe, social distancing measures are in place.
Community members can access help through the following:
- Mobile Foodshare an outdoor pantry-on-wheels, to find a site near you please text “FOODSHARE” to 85511 or go to www.foodshare.org/mobile.
- To find a food pantry and other resources near you, call 2-1-1 or go to https://www.211ct.org/.
Local Grab & Go Food Distributions:
There are over 60 local Mobile Foodshare sites currently operating across Greater Hartford with distributions of free produce every other week, and over 200 local food pantries and meal programs in Greater Hartford. Also Summer Meals are available at select schools and community locations during July and August. Please take advantage of these programs. Here is how to find them.
- Mobile Foodshare is an outdoor pantry-on-wheels, to find a site near you please text “FOODSHARE” to 85511 or go to www.foodshare.org/mobile.
- To find a food pantry, community kitchen and other resources near you, call 2-1-1 or go to https://www.211ct.org/.
- Summer Meals, adults (parents, grandparents, guardians) can pick up free Grab & Go meals for children ages 18 or younger in their care. Many sites provide meals for multiple days. For example, pickup on Monday may include breakfast & lunch for Monday and Tuesday, pickup on Wednesday may include meals for Wednesday and Thursday, while pickup on Friday may include meals for Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Details will vary by site and can be found by Texting “CTMeals” to 877877 or go to www.CTSummerMeals.org .
Volunteer & Donations:
If you are interested in volunteering or would like to donate to help Foodshare continue to serve our neighbors please visit www.foodshare.org
Thank you very much for the many ways you are helping your neighbors through this ongoing crisis!
Foodshare is leading an informed, coordinated response to hunger in Hartford and Tolland counties.
CT Food Bank
Connecticut Food Bank is committed to alleviating hunger in Connecticut by providing food resources, raising awareness of the challenges of hunger, and advocating for people who need help meeting basic needs.