Meal Distribution Sites in Hartford during School Closures - Sites & Schedule
Note that the CT State Department of Education has approved Hartford as a “Community-wide” Emergency Meal Program. This means that All sites in Hartford will distribute meals to ANY child age 18 and younger – including children from any school district or Magnet schools like CREC, homeless children, preschoolers, or from a town that does not offer meals during school closure, as well as students and their siblings attending Hartford Public Schools. Hartford Public Schools should be proud of taking on such a leadership role in our region.
Lonnie Burt, Senior Director of Food & Child Nutrition Services for Hartford Public Schools is making the following changes effective Monday, March 23rd:
· We are providing meals at 17 sites.
· We will be providing Breakfast & Lunch meals on Mon, Wed, and Fri.
· Mondays and Wednesdays we will distribute 2 days of meals, and Fridays 3 days of meals. For a total of 14 meals each week.
· The meals are frozen and can be heated in a microwave or oven. We will provide cooking instructions in Spanish & English.
· Meals can be picked up from 9 am to noon.
· Any child 18 and under can receive meals.
· As this progresses we will assess and make adjustments as needed.
· Walk-up - Walkers will walk up to the designated walker table and pick up their meals.
· Drive-up - People in the car lane do not have to get out of the car, the meals will be brought to them.
· For the safety of all, we ask that families practice social distancing at meal sites, avoid close contact, and wash hands upon returning home.
· Per USDA regulations the child does need to be present.
Questions? Call 860-695-8490.