Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Please be aware:
During the Covid-19 pandemic, services, including placing and picking up holds,
are taking longer than usual due to changes in service models and extra precautions we are taking.
We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience.
How to Request and Pick up Library Materials
To place holds on items at the library:
1. Search the library catalog to find the items you want or use our request form and let us pick for you.
2. Place a hold on the item(s)
3. After you are notified that your items are ready to be picked up, you must schedule a pick up time. Instructions on how to do this will be included in the notification you receive.
Questions? Please call 860-695-6300 or email email@example.com.
In order to keep everyone safe and keep this service running smoothly, we ask that you follow these guidelines:
Precautions the Library is Taking
The Hartford Public Library is taking the following steps to ensure the safety of our customers and our staff:
- Library books, DVDs, and other materials are quarantined for 72 hours after they are returned to the library
- High- and low- touch surfaces are disinfected frequently.
- Staff wear masks at all times and wash hand thoroughly and frequently.
- Staff and patrons are reminded to keep a six-foot distance from others.